There are thousands of plugins available to WordPress users. You often get confused between which ones are truly useful and which plugins are just over hyped. But there are a few very important WordPress plugins that every website must have.
Similar Reads :
It doesn’t matter what is your specific niche or what kind of website you’re running. There are some must have plugins that every website should have. And today we’re going to discuss just that.
In this article, I am going to tell you about eight must have and free plugins, and also explain the use and benefit of each of them.
1. Yoast SEO
By the name of this plugin, you can guess yourself that it works for search engine optimisation. YOAST SEO is one of the most popular WordPress plugins. It not only makes your content rank higher in search engine. It also analyses your SEO and content readability as your work on it.
Key Features :
- Optimize your WordPress posts and pages using keywords and meta descriptions.
- Helps you rank your website higher in search engines with simple tips.
- Improve your content’s readability.
Okay so the second one on the list is Smush. This plugin helps you compress and optimise the images on your WordPress website so that it loads faster and works more efficiently. Google ranks those websites higher that load quickly and Smush helps you with that. No one wants to spend hours waiting for images to load on a website.
Key Features :
- Lossless Compression – Strip unused data and compress images without affecting image quality..
- Process All Your Files – Smush will process PNG, JPEG, and GIF files for optimum results.
- Helps your website load faster.
When you’ve spend hours and hours working on your WordPress website, you don’t want to risk losing that work. Here is where UpdraftPlus helps you. It backups your files and database backups into the cloud and helps you restore them with a single click!
- Create automatic or manual backups of your website.
- Store your backups locally or on the cloud.
- Restore your website to a previous state.
Elementor is a WordPress website builder, with no limits of design. It produces high end page designs with a simple drag and drop function! The best thing about elementor is that it is perfect for even those who don’t know coding to design their website.
- Select from 150+ beautifully built templates from the Elementor library.
- Create a beautiful website with a simple drag and drop function.
5. Jet pack
Jetpack is a popular WordPress plugin for just about everything. Security, performance, marketing, and design tools — you name it! Jetpack helps you make your WordPress site safer, faster and rank higher on search engines.
- 24/7 auto site security
- Peak speed and performance
- Powerful tools for growth
6. Sitekit by Google
Sitekit by Google is a must have plugin if you want to analyse your WordPress website’s performance and see how user’s view and use your wesbite. It also helps you connect and setup your google Adsense account with your WordPress website.
- Search Console: Understand how Google Search discovers and displays your pages in Google Search. Track how many people saw your site in Search results, and what query they used to search for your site.
- Analytics: Explore how users navigate your site.
- AdSense: Keep track of how much your site is earning you.
- PageSpeed Insights: Improve your page performance with actionable tips from PageSpeed Insights.
WPForms allows you to create beautiful contact forms, feedback form, subscription forms, payment forms, and other types of forms for your site without any coding experience of any sort.Also this can be done in minutes!
- Create an attractive contact form for free.
- Pre-built form templates.
File Manager is another amazing WordPress plugin that shows you all your website data and folders in one place. You can edit, delete, upload , download and make all other changes to your files. In case there is any error in any files, just go to WordPress file manager.
- File Type: Control what files can be uploaded and what file can be downloaded.
- Archives: Admin can create/extract files(zip, rar, tar, gzip).
- Editor: There are a lots of themes available for code editor. Admin can control code editor themes.
- And much more!